Start date: 15 April 2021
End date: 13 May 2021
1 million people have already signed a petition saying No to the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT). You can now join an online course to learn why and get up to speed with all key relevant debates around the ECT in just 5 weeks. Begginers level!
This event is organised by Corporate Europe Observatory, TNI and Power Shift.
Registration is open (limited places): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ect-course
- Five 1.5 hour live sessions every week [15 April, 22 April, 29 April, 6 May, 13 May from 12.30 to 14.00 CET] featuring international experts.
- Each session will include interactive methodologies such as quizzes, role-playing, exercises, break-out groups and time for discussions.
- Key background material selected by experts;
- Discussion to help participants reflect on their own context.
What will you learn?
In just 5 weeks, participants will gain better understanding and capacity to debate on:
- How can the ECT impede urgent climate action?
- How investors have used the ECT over the last 20 years,
- The biggests myths used to promote the ECT and how to counter them,
- The state of play on the expansion of the ECT to the Global South,
- The rising backlash against the ECT and the modernisation process,
- What’s best: fixing, leaving or killing the ECT?
More details at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ect-course