Young FoEE is looking for a new project manager to join its team!
The selected person will work part time (80%) during the summer 2021, for a total of 4 months – ideally from early June to early October.
The project manager will be in charge of various tasks related to the implementation of the Erasmus+ project Intersectional Convergence of European Youth towards Green New Deal, also known as SYSTEM:RESET.
The selected candidate will work under the management of the project coordinator and will work with partners from 9 European countries.
This position is a paternity leave cover.
Deadline for applications: 24 May 2021
(Full job description below – PDF)
Purpose of the role:
Support the Project Coordinator in the management of the project SYSTEM:RESET.
- Daily project management of the ICEY-GND project, this includes:
- Monitoring of activities and ensuring all work packages and partners remain on track whilst delivering on expected project results, in view of the finalisation of the project;
- Preparing intermediary reports on activities and results to funders;
- Communicate with and provide an adequate support to partners and volunteers involved in the project;
- Support the Project Coordinator with the management of payments, project budget and other financial procedures, in cooperation with the Finance Team of FoEE.
- Active participation in specific tasks of the project:
- Take an active part in the preparation and implementation of a hybrid event, European Youth Gathering. Identify opportunities and support the organisation of any relevant events;
- Coordinate the preparation and launch of the main outcome of the project: the youth proposal for Green Deal. This includes drafting and designing the proposal and promotional short videos and documents, in multiple languages;
- Contribute to the communications activities of the project (e.g. social media, website, etc.);
- Project management experience, preferably of EU funded projects. In particular, experience in monitoring of activities, reporting and budget management.
- Relevant communications and/or event management experience, ideally in a network-based organisation;
- Strong and proficient writing skills;
- An excellent level of English (other languages are an advantage);
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work in a team, supporting a range of individuals, and balancing leadership and service in relation to voluntary youth groups;
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, self-motivate and manage time efficiently;
- Prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends and to travel abroad (in accordance with national sanitary rules).
- Ability to advocate for a youth perspective;
- Commitment to YFoEE and FoE Europe visions, missions and values and a personal commitment to environmental and social justice.
- Previous experience with Young Friends of the Earth, Friends of the Earth or an environmental or social justice group, organisation or movement;
- Experience in workshop facilitation and knowledge of non-formal educational methods;
- Experience in designing materials (e.g. visuals, videos, etc.)
- Knowledge of EU institutions.
The position is based in Brussels (part time, 80%) in the FoEE office, if the sanitary conditions allow.
If you feel you meet our criteria, and are inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position, please send us a motivation letter with a CV to email@example.com by midnight CET on 24 May 2021.
The interviews are planned between 31 May and 4 June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited.