Young Friends of the Earth Europe and BUNDjugend invite you to reCAPturing food & agriculture! a four day event for learning about, planning together and taking action for more sustainable food and agriculture in Europe and the world. The meeting will coincide with a demonstration in Berlin on the 19th January, where tens of thousands of activists will join to say “we have had enough” on the current food and farming system.
We would like to show a strong Young Friends of the Earth presence at this demonstration, as well as take time to build the knowledge, strength and future plans of the YFoEE Food & Agriculture working group. Keep reading to find out more about the event and how and why you and your YFoE group can join!
We are planning a four day programme of activities where you’ll have the chance to:
- learn about the topic of food and agriculture, through workshops, presentations, film screenings and discussions
- share news and activities from your food and agriculture work and campaigns at home
- reflect and evaluate our recent YFoEE food & agriculture work, and plan the next steps of our work and campaigns for 2013
- take action, by joining the demonstration on the 19th, and possible doing some other practical food and farming related activities
- meet activists from BUNDjugend, and join in their social and campaigning activities over the demonstration weekend
- cook and eat tasty and sustainable meals together
When: 17th- 20th January 2013, Berlin. The meeting will last for four nights and four days, with the possibility for some participants to arrive early on 16th January.
Who: We’ve got places for 15 people to join the meeting, so approximately 1-2 places per YFoE group or country. We’re looking for individuals representing their YFoE or FoE group who are working on the issue of food and agriculture, as well as current or potential new members of the YFoEE Food & Agriculture working group
How to take part: We’re asking within your YFoE group to discuss and decide if you’d like to participate in this meeting and decide who should join. Participants will need to complete the booking form overleaf, and return to us by 12th December. We’ll confirm participants shortly after this deadline. We’re sorry that due to limited number of places and funding for this meeting we can only reserve one place per country/group. After the deadline we will review whether there are spaces for more than one participant per country.
Cost: YFoEE will cover your full accommodation and food costs to take part in the meeting, and 80% of travel costs, to a maximum amount of 250 euros.
Apply now: contact email@example.com for a booking form. Deadline 12th December